Learning Outcomes: The range of learning outcomes achieved by students in the program will vary according to their Award. As students progress towards their final levels of study, they will be expected to demonstrate an increasingly sophisticated level of understanding, analysis and evidence of the synthesis of theory and practice and are expected to be able to –
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functional areas of the Hotel and hospitality industry.
- Use the practical vocabularies of a variety of business disciplines in an appropriate manner.
- Hands-on training in production and service developing basic skill sets for the industry.
- Handle issues from a variety of viewpoints
- Understand and evaluate theoretical frameworks
- Undertake a piece of appropriate independent research
- Identify appropriate practical strategies
- Develop capabilities in working with and managing others
- Construct, analyze and evaluate different forms of argument and present them in a logical and coherent manner.