07010713– Accommodations Management
|06||TOPICS TO BE COVERED||TEACHING HOURS||DOMAIN|
| The Housekeeping Department in Hotel Operations, The Executive Housekeeper as Department Manager. Structural Planning of the Housekeeping Department.
Management of Inventory and Equipment. Characteristics of Housekeeping Equipment and Supplies. The Cleaning Function, Personnel Administration, Controlling Housekeeping Operations, Safety, Security and Infectious Diseases in Property Operations. Energy Conservation in Lodging Properties, Environmental and Sustainability Issues.
Opening New Hotels & Role of Housekeeping, Linen Management, Guest Laundry Services, Valet Services, Managing Pests Control, Out Source Management Practices in Housekeeping, Housekeeping Beyond hotels i.e Libraries, Hospitals, Airports and others,
Entrepreneurship Opportunities in Housekeeping
|Current Trends & Practices
Supervision and Management Practices in Housekeeping
|5||Desirable to Know|
Note: An Event may be planned to supplement learning of students and practical may be conducted in view of theory syllabus to provide practical inputs to learners.
– Accommodation & Cleaning Services, Vol. I & II, David, Allen, Hutchinson
– Hotel House Keeping – Sudhir Andrews Publisher: Tata Mc Graw Hill
– House Keeping Management for Hotels, Rosemary Hurst, Heinemann
– Housekeeping Management – Margaret M. Leappa & Aleta Nitschke
– Housekeeping & Maintenance – Stanley Thornes
– Hotel Housekeeping Operations & Management – Reghubalan, Oxford University Press.
– Management of Hotel & Motel Security (Occupational Safety and Health) By H. Burtein, Publishers: CRC
– Managing Housekeeping Custodial Operation – Edwin B. Feldman
– Managing Housekeeping Operations – Margaret Kappa & Aleta Nitschke
– The Professional Housekeeper – Madelin Schneider, Georgina Tucker & Mary Scoviak, John Wiley & Sons
– Housekeeping Management by Matt A Casado, Wiley Publications