07010711: Laundry Management
|04||TOPICS TO BE COVERED||TEACHING HOURS||DOMAIN|
Laundry: The Concept, Importance, Organisation Structure, Key Roles & People, , Functions of a Laundry, Professional Laundry Set Up, Linen Room, Uniform Room, Tailor Room, Setups & Functions, Equipments Used in laundry, Their Salient Features, Laundry Chemicals, Laundry Do’s and Dont’s, On Premises Laundry, Off Premises Laundry, Commencing the Day’s Work – Briefing, De Briefing, Day Schedules.
Laundry Planning & Operations: The Space, Requirements, Water and Energy Supply & provisions, Financial Aspects, Staff Patterns, Target Clientele, Location, Design, The Laundry Cycle: The collection of linen, sorting, tagging, washing, drying, ironing, storing, mending, discarding, process and precautions. Hotel Laundry Services, Records & Registers
Managing Guest Laundry: Valet Services: Collecting Guest laundry and returns, Do’s and Dont’s; Handling guests Linens, Stains & Removals, Wash Care Instructions, Ironing and .
Emerging Trends in laundry: Best Practices, Environmental Aspects, Energy Conservation, Ergonomics, Effective Communications & Coordination, Applications of Technology Out Sourcing, New
|Dry Cleaning Instructions & Practices, Mending and Repairs, Damages and Colour Bleedings, Pricing, Guest Communication & interactions, Promotional Strategy, Effective Customer Service||3||Desirable to Know|
|Techniques, Information Systems, Inventories and Audits, Global Practices, Legal and Ethical Issues in Laundry Services, Quality Assurance.
||2||Nice to Know|
– Accommodation & Cleaning Services, Vol. I & II, David, Allen, Hutchinson
– Hotel and Catering Studies – Ursual Jones
– Hotel House Keeping – Sudhir Andrews Publisher: Tata Mc Graw Hill
– House Keeping Management for Hotels, Rosemary Hurst, Heinemann
– Housekeeping Management – Margaret M. Leappa & Aleta Nitschke
– In House Management by A.K. Bhatiya
– Key of House Keeping by Dr. Lal Commercial
– Housekeeping & Maintenance – Stanley Thornes
– Hotel Housekeeping Operations & Management – Reghubalan, Oxford University Press.
– Management of Hotel & Motel Security (Occupational Safety and Health) By H. Burtein, Publishers: CRC
– Managing Housekeeping Custodial Operation – Edwin B. Feldman
– Managing Housekeeping Operations – Margaret Kappa & Aleta Nitschke
– The Professional Housekeeper – Madelin Schneider, Georgina Tucker & Mary Scoviak, John Wiley & Sons