07010710: Event Management
|03||TOPICS TO BE COVERED||TEACHING HOURS||DOMAIN|
| Events- The Concept, Nature, Definition and scope, C’s of Events, advantage and
disadvantage of Events, Categories and Typologies, Skills required to be a good Event Planners.
Organising & Designing of Events, key elements of Events, Event Infrastructure, core concept, core people, core talent, core structure, Marketing & Promotion of Events: Nature of Event Marketing, Process of Event
Marketing, The Marketing Mix, Sponsorship. Promotion: Image/ Branding, Advertising, Publicity and Public Relation.
Managing Events: Financial Management of Events, Staffing, Leadership. Safety and Security:.
|Setting Objectives for the Event,Negotiating Contracts with event Organizers, Venue, Media.||
|Desirable to Know|
|Occupational Safety and Health, Incident Reporting, Crowd Management and Evacuation||2||Nice to Know|
– A.K. Bhatia, ‘Event Management’, Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. Delhi.
– Anton Shone & Bryn Parry, ‘Successful Event ;2Management
– Coleman, Lee & Frankle, Powerhouse Conferences. Educational Institute of AHMA
– Hoyle, Dorf & Jones, Meaning conventions & Group business. Educational institute of AH & MA.
– Joe Jeff Goldblatt, “Special Events: Best Practices in Modern Event Management (Hospitality, Travel & Tourism)”, John Willy and Sons, New York
– Leonard H. Hoyle, Jr, ‘Event Marketing’, John Willy and Sons, New York
– Lynn Van Der Wagen, Carlos, Event Management, Pearson, New Delhi.
– Sanjay Singh Gaur, Sanjay V Saggere, Event Marketing Management, Vikas Publication, New Delhi
– John Beech, Sebastian Kaiser, Robert Kaspar – The Business of Events Management ;Pearson Publications