|02||TOPICS TO BE COVERED||TEACHING HOURS||DOMAIN|
|, The Business of Retail: Retailing- Definition, Concept Importance, Functions of a retailer, Relationship between retail and Marketing, Retail as a career. Retail in India- Evolution, changes in the retail sector, The Wheel of Retailing, The Accordion, Retail Models and Theories of Retail Development- Theories of retail development, concept of life cycle in retails, Business models in retails, Airport Retailing, Services retailing. Information Gathering in Retailing, Retail Strategic Planning and Operation Management,
Retail Financial Strategy, Target Market Selection and Retail Location, Store Design and Layout, Visual Merchandising and Displays.
Merchandise Planning, Buying and Handling, Merchandise Pricing, Retail Communication Mix, Promotional Strategy, Retail Human Resources Management, Customer Service, The GAPs Model, Customer Relationship Management.
Retail Operating Skills: Pre-Check, Opening the Sale, Probing, Demonstration, Trial , Close Handling Objections, Closing, Confirmations & Invitations.
|The Retail Life Cycle, Emerging Trends in Retailing, Retail Scenario in India, Retail Competition, Retail Formats.||
|Desirable to Know|
|Retail Management Information Systems, Retail Audits, Online Retailing, Global Retailing, Legal and Ethical Issues in Retailing.||2||Nice to Know|
– Levy IM. And Weitz B.A (2004), Retailing Management, 5th ed., Tata McGraw Hill.
– Berman B. Evans J. R. (2004), Retail Management, 9th Edition, Pearson Education.
– Bajaj C; Tuli R., Srivanstava N.V. (2005), Retail Management, Oxford University
– Press, Delhi.
– Dunne P.M, Lusch R.F. and David A. (2002), Retailing, 4th ed., South-Western,
– Thomson Learning Inc.
– Pradhan, Swapna; Retaling Management; Tata McGraw Hill; New Delhi