07010512: Food & Beverage Service Management -I
|02||TOPICS TO BE COVERED||TEACHING HOURS||DOMAIN|
Bar – Introduction, Importance, and Types, Organization Structure, Layout, Equipments
used and BOT & Bar Menus
Alcoholic Beverages: Wines – Introduction, Classification, Brief Description, about manufacturing process, storage and its service.
Beers: Introduction, Ingredients Used, Production, Types and brands, Indian and International. Services, bottled, canned and drought beers. Spirits: Introduction to Spirits (Whisky, Brandy, Rum, Vodka, Gin & Tequila), Spirits- Types, Production.
|Major Indian and International Brands. glasses and equipment, Storage and service of wine
Brands Indian and International & Service, Other Alcoholic Beverages- Liqueurs
|15||Desirable to Know|
|Other Fermented & Brewed
Beverages: Sake, Cider, Perry, Alcohol Free Wines.
Tobacco: Types, Production, Brands & Service – Indian and International
|5||Nice to Know|
– Food & Beverage Service – Dennis R. Lillicrap. & John A. Cousins. Publisher: ELBS
– Food & Beverage Service Management- Brian Varghese
– Food & Beverage Service Training Manual – Sudhir Andrews, Tata Mc Graw Hill. Food & Beverage Service Lillicrap & Cousins, ELBS
– Introduction F& B Service – Brown, Heppner & Deegan
– Menu Planning – Jaksa Kivela, Hospitality Press
– Modern Restaurant Service – John Fuller, Hutchinson
– Professional Food & Beverage Service Management – Brian Varghese
– The Restaurant ( From Concept to Opertion)
– The Waiter Handbook By Grahm Brown, Publisher: Global Books & Subscription Services New Delhi